Going to chalet~
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
3e4 chalet's on the 15, 16 & 17 & conicidentally the buying of books for next yr falls on the same days. Hmm... I guess it doesn't really matter if i go & purchase the books at a later date rite?
I've been reading a fantasy book recently. I don't like fantasies initially because everything's a made up. It's totally based on the author's imagination & if I can't picture whatever the author meant for the readers to picture, I get frustrated esp with all that different style of writing.
But elena kept saying fantasies are nice so ok I borrowed this book, 'Naked Empire'. Read till chpt 10 so far & it's been pretty interesting. Sth fresh from all those love & friendship novels. However some parts of the story is still confusing la. It's somewhat like a mystery cum fantasy genre.
Actually what attracted me to this book was these lines at the back of it, 'His heroes, like us, are not perfect. Instead, each is flawed in ways that strengthen rather than weaken their impact'.
I won't deny that sometimes I behave like a perfectionist (although i'm bochup sometimes =P). Most of the time when things fail or when i'm met with setbacks, I often look back at how I could have prevented some things if I'd done otherwise. I lament at the 'holes' in what could have been perfect. This, I've learnt, is an impractical thing to do as we can't turn back time. The more I think abt it, the more frsutrated I would feel abt the things I could not do.
'It's human to err' as one saying goes, our flaws blur us at times causing us to let our desires rule us. & in the course of 'gaining', we are losing something more precious than what we initally wanted. One may end up not achieving his goal as well as losing what he initally had. This is the punishment for being too greedy.
Some mistakes we make, although in a moment of folly, can't be easily amended. Still, we learn from it & learn more abt ourselves.
All the dramas, novels & even my lit text have been discussing issues revolving ambition and greed & the consequences of it. Perphaps that accounts for what I've written here.
Later going to 3e4 chalet :D
