GOLD
Monday, April 02, 2007
Happy ending for ZHCO. Finally felt so relived upon seeing chujun's msg. ZHCO got GOLD!!! Although our initial goal was Gold with Honours but we're very contended with GOLD alr.
The main thing I don't like about competitions is that they force me to come out of my comfort zone & receive critisims. Of coz no one likes criticisms, but honest & good ones help us to improve.
During these past 3 weeks 2 teachers have attempted both the hard & soft approach respectively to get me out of my comfort zone so this journey of preparing for the SYF can be described as bitter sweet.The harsh comments & scoldings received did some of my dignity but it made me bounce back with motivation to strike harder. The improvements may be slight but I'm contended because at least I've tried. On the acount that I did preservre to the very end, I'm very proud of myself based on this.
Frankly speaking, I did not contribute much to CO & I'm merely 'borrowing' others' 'you xiu', quoted from my conductress, to be enjoying this fruit of labour now.
Seriously I didn't learn much about teachniques & music from CO however, I've learnt a lot about overcoming obstacles & rising up to face challenges with a positive attitude. So despite my usual lamentings about ZHCO, I'll rmb what I've learnt from there & use it to help me to excel in my future endeavours.
Cheers for ZHCO!
