<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11090253?origin\x3dhttp://prisfactor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g? targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSI C&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
prisfactor
WELCOME


:D

Best view in IE Photobucket


Chicken soup for the teenage soul
Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hi everyone, I guess most of us are coping with changes in our sch life now & some of us may be adjusting well, but some are still adjusting. But whatever it is, I just hope that none of us will forget the friendships we forged & still rmb that despite being distant geographically, we can & will still send our love to each other.

Just recently I borrowed a book, 'Chicken soup for the teenage soul' at the sch lib. Upon reading the section 'On friendship', I gained many insights which I wanna share with you all. I wish I could cut & paste some of the stories in the book here becoz they rly left an impact on me but I doubt I can or else I might be accused of infringing copyrights. Nevertheless, I'll just briefly share with you what I feel after reading them.

Now that we've all been spread across the island, these stories and quotes are even more impactful to me. Here's one quote that I like & find it meaningful, 'We will all continue to grow separately together, all the while providing the unconditional love, understanding and support only friends like these are capable of'.

Well, since now that we are thrown into a completely new environment, away from our usual comfort zone, however badly I wish to be there & be involved in each of your lives still, I know that this is life and sometimes we don't have absolute control over it & like what reen says, we have to make new friends too. BUT in the process of making new friends, growing up separately, I still hope that we can give each other the kind of support we give like before :) the closeness & everything. I know it's hard. But like what ray says, true friends do not remain by convenience, they remain by choice.

Yes, college life is bz. V bz in fact. Everyone of us is chionging in our own fields. which makes time & our energy precious. Despite all that, I'm still trying hard to be involved in my old friends' lives. Maybe not a lot, but at least I wanna remind them that they're loved as much as before :)

Inevitably questions & doubts would arise. Fearing that someday the closeness we once share would fade away & memories become distant. I certainly hope that wouldn't happen. But whatever it is, I do not want to hold back any love just becoz I'm afraid that it would hurt if that day was to arrive. I'm more afraid that my friends think that they've been forgotten which is completely untrue.

Having said so much, actually I have more to say lol but I'd better go to slp now haha. So anti-climax haha. I hope you guys know what I'm trying to put across, that despite us all having busy lives & having new ppl in them, we'll still rmb & keep in contact with those that have left footprints in our hearts :)

'A friend is a gift you give yourself.'
Robert Louis Stevenson

writtern @10:49 PM