Holidays are here!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Whoo it's the long awaited holidays! Although my hols is packed with CIP, extra lessons and many mugging sessions, I'm still happy that the hols are finally here because at the very least, I'll have some time to rest & catch up with my best buddies!
Miss them a whole lot during the term. Hopefully we can meet tgt at least once in the hols. Everyone is so bz haha.
Hmm what hv I learnt during the past term? Many things in fact. In SV, during one session when Leon was giving a lecture on how the techniques of learning any software we want, I learnt quite a number of things. Besides learning the techniques of learning softwares, I learnt something even more valuable. Or maybe revised some very valuable lessons.
Leon spoke about 'dan' which means be daring & challenge yourself to new things. This to many seems very simple, but to me, doing it takes some courage. I admit that I am afraid of failure which is probably why I hesitate when volunteering is needed. I always had this mentality that someone out there will be better than me in doing the task so I shall wait for that person to volunteer instead. BUT NO. NO NO NO. How wrong was I. I realised that the ppl who readily volunteered themselves were new to their tasks, have never done something like that in their lives as well. But what differs them from myself is- they have the courage to improve, to accept challenges.
This brings back some memories from CO. I rmb that time when we were supposed to fill up a form indicating which commitee position we wanted in CO. As for myself, I gave a nil reply. This aroused the curiousity of my senoirs who interviewed me. Then one of them asked, 'why are you afraid of responsibility?'
Now, I'm no longer afraid of responisibility. I challenge myself to fight for the right to learn how to be a gd leader & at the same time learn how to be a better follower. I've come to realised that I can never know how much I am capable of unless I try.
Certain things may not be in my control, but on my part, as long as I've tried, I've done myself proud.
