NUS Phy Camp
Sunday, June 01, 2008
This week I had a 2 day phy camp at NUS. It's quite enriching. We had some lectures on the first day followed by seemingly endless number of expts. Lol seriously I think there are too many expts packed in 2 days le. It's quite fun at first to do expts that verify what we learn from tbs but gradually we got sick of the expts. Besides, it doesn't make my mood any lighter coz it takes me more than an hr to get to NUS & I had to change buses twice.
Anyway, here's something I wanna share with you from this camp :)
In the past, Greek scientists already had this idea that matter is made of tiny particles called atoms. They believed that things that gave a sour taste are made of atoms with jagged edges.

Similarly, they believed that drinks which gave a soothing feeling are made up of atoms which are round.

So, based on this theory, what do you think atoms of sweet drinks should be? =)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

tada! Haha pretty interesting. Btw, this is not what they really thought haha it's just the lecturer's way of cracking jokes to keep us awake :)
