<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11090253?origin\x3dhttp://prisfactor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g? targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSI C&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
prisfactor
WELCOME


:D

Best view in IE Photobucket


What's there for me Singapore?
Thursday, December 04, 2008

What's there for me Singapore? As the title goes. As a Singaporean and as I grow older, the answer to this question becomes increasingly important or so I feel.

In HC, I've heard of many planning or considering to pursue their studies overseas. Sometimes I wonder to myself, are they seeking better paper qualifications or are they seeking the excitement of meeting new people from other parts of the world and expereincing new culture hence they preferto educate themselves in a foreign land.

I've been thinking about going overseas to study alot. Actually, yearning. But the circumstances make me... feel that the chances are bleak. Nvm why now. I'd rather discuss about why I would want to study overseas here.

I guess it's mostly because I don't want to continue the mundane way of pursuing my studies any more. I'm not saying that I want that kind of excitement (the bungee-jump kind of excitement). No, I'm not that outgoing lol. I'm looking for an environment where I can be safe yet learn new things from a different persepctive, a wider horizon.

I'm not saying that local universities cannot provide me with good education. But having been under Singapore's education system for so many years now, seeing how exams take priority in all that we learn, I guess maybe experiencing a new education system elsewhere can ignite my passion for learning again.

The beauty of the foreign land, where historical sites prove to be more alluring than my own country's, the unique architecture of their buildings lol is this a case of the grass seems to be greener on the other side? Maybe it is.

writtern @11:17 AM